If you love lush green pastures, fresh mountain air and want a big dose of healthy Italian sunshine, Lessinia provides all of that….plus some of the most exquisite culinary dishes in the whole of Veneto. You will be staying in a stylish yet secluded hotel situated in the home village of Damiano Cunego, so you can be sure that the riding is going to be eccellente.
After collection from Verona, Villafranca airport (45 min) with your bike and luggage you can spend seven days riding a variety of routes around the Trans-Lessinian mountain range following some of the same roads, climbs and descents as the Giro d’Italia has done on its many visits to this legendary region, with the convenience of one base. Peri-Fosse (1,070m), Monte Baldo (1,750m) and the Hors Category climb from Sdruzzina and Passo Fittanze featured in the Giro Trentino will be included among others. Optional performance testing may be offered for those training with power or heart-rate.
Introduction to area with optional guided spin on arrival followed by dinner. Wake up to the first day in the lower hills of Lessinia/Valpolicella with a brief visit to Veronas historic centre. The second day is more of a challenge with the first pass climb to Malga San Giorgio, Camposilvano and full descent to Badia Calavena. A lighter riding day may include visit to the dairy farm Malga Vazzo for excellent hand made ice-cream ‘artiginale’. Day three, the adventure heads towards Velo Veronese, Bolca and a very scenic drop down into Soave passing the Castello. On the final day we soak up the views of Lake Garda with a spin through Garda itself, Torre del Benaco and ascent up to San Zeno Montagna for an exquisite lunch looking high over the lake and Dolomiti beyond.
- 775km total approximate distance
- 14,250m total approximate climbing
- Single guest price tbc Euro
- Shared occupancy (2 guests) tbc Euro each
- Group booking (4 guests or more) tbc Euro each
- 8 nights accommodation (single double room or shared twin) €200 supplement for single rooms.
- Includes breakfast and dinners with typical local wine.
- Transfer for recommended flights arrivals/departures Verona, Villafranca airport.
- 7 daily rides, full routes and materials.
- Full vehicle, mechanical and nutritional support.
- Complementary Lactate Profiling performance assessment.
Price does not include: